Ballistic Safety Glasses
-Built for The Hard Road-
- Crystal Clear Lenses: No tint or mirroring of any kind. Making them perfect for indoor and outdoor situations that require zero distortions to your vision
- Nylon Reinforced Lens Chassis: Giving you increased protection while maintaining ultra-light weight
- Comfort Flex Arms: Made from a lightweight and flexible plastic polymer for all day comfort
- Dual Injected Rubber: At the nose pad and arm temple tips increasing comfort and reducing slippage
- Meets ANSI Z87.1+ & MIL-PRF-32432 impact testing standards
Understanding Safety Ratings:
Z87 | Z87+ | Ballistic Resistance
You may have noticed the marking “Z87” on general safety glasses. This marking designates basic job-site impact standards set by ANSI. Keep an eye out for a “+” sign after the Z87. The “+” means the glasses have passed “high mass” impact testing. These tests consist of dropping a 500g pointed weight at the lens from a height of 5ft. The lenses must also pass the test of having a ¼” steel sphere shot at them at 150 ft/s. The bottom line here is, always look for the Z87+ markings on your safety glasses because they offer much better protection.
MIL-PRF-32432 (Ballistic Resistance) is another level of testing entirely. Although there are no standardized markings for ballistic rated eyewear, the testing is standardized. A 15 caliber T37 shaped (5.85 grain) projectile impacts the lenses at ~ 650ft/s. The impact energy imparted on the lenses is 7x higher than that of the basic ANSI standard.
Ballistic resistant eyewear is a must when operating in high-risk environments. At GruntX, we believe Ballistic Eyewear should be used daily. We build reasonably priced, high quality, ballistic resistant eyewear that looks just as good at the beach as it does on the range.
-Clear- Lenses and Frame
Features and Dimensions
In The Box
1 – Pair of GruntX Clear Safety Glasses
2 – Stylish box. Great for gift giving
3 – Thick microfiber poly/ microfiber blend pouch. Great for gun bag storage and lens cleaning
4 – GruntX hard hat or gun box sticker